Sunday, January 31, 2010

The Proust Questionnaire

So I am one who is often bored. I am totally addicted to answering all those questionnaires on facebook. It isn't really an egotistical thing. It encourages me to think about all kinds of aspects of myself. Sometimes I learn new stuff and other times I don't.

I found the Proust (I still need to read up more on him) Questionnaire and I was reminded when I was a little kid and I would read them in my mother's Vanity Fair magazines. I would take turns asking friends and answering. I don't remember what I said then, so I am doing it now.

Your favorite virtue- Punctuality.

Your favorite qualities in a man- Adoring me.

Your favorite qualities in a woman- Not being catty or competitive.

Your chief characteristic- Intelligence.

What you appreciate the most in your friends- Being genuine and always frank with me.

Your main fault- Very low self esteem that cripples me in daily life.

Your favourite occupation- Acting.

Your idea of happiness- Feeling settled in life.

Your idea of misery- Being stuck in a Lowe's and not being allowed to play with the doorbells.

If not yourself, who would you be- Megan Fox. I want to be hot and stupid.

Where would you like to live- New York City, Tokyo or Paris.

Your favourite colour and flower- Green and iris.

My favorite bird- McCaw parrots.

Your favorite prose authors- Milan Kundera, J.D. Salinger, Leo Tolstoy and Jack Kerouac.

Your favorite poets- e.e. cummings, Sylvia Plath, Walt Whitman

Your favorite heroes in fiction- George from Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?, Seymour Glass, Porfiry Petrovich

Your favorite heroines in fiction- Anna Karenina, Mrs. Robinson

Your favorite painters and composers- Georges Seurat, Vincent Van Gogh and Renior. Chopin, Verdi and Beethoven.

Your heroes in real life- Toby, Eddie Izzard, Hugh Hefner and Carl Samek. Woody Allen and Ingmar Bergman (intellectually speaking)

Your favorite heroines in real life- My great grandmother and aunt.

What characters in history do you most dislike- Stalin and Hitler are obvious but true.

Your heroines in World history- Rosa Parks and Eleanor Roosevelt.

Your favorite food and drink- Sushi, hot wings and baked potatoes, a good veggie burger... Long Island Iced tea, Cranberry juice and, of course, water.

What is your greatest fear- Getting mauled by a bear or being completely alone in the world.

Which words or phrases do you most overuse- "Wow."

What do you dislike most about your appearance- Umm, Everything

Which living person do you most despise- Will Darsey or my 5th grade English teacher, Mrs. Owens.

What or who is the greatest love of your life- Toby.

If you could change one thing about your family, what would it be- We are all brilliant and quirky in our way which I admire. I guess I would like to have a dad that liked me more.

What is your most treasured possession- My memories.

Your favorite names- Alexander and Natalya.

What I hate the most- Qualities I hate in myself reflected in others.

What is bad about me- Extreme competitiveness rooted from extreme insecurity.

The military event I admire the most- I don't think I am qualified to answer. Although, the sit-ins in the 1960s were amazing demonstrations in passive resistance.

The natural talent I'd like to be gifted with- Does beauty count? No, probably playing the piano exceedingly well.

How I wish to die- Painless and happy with at least one person grieving me.

What is your present state of mind- Scattered and vulnerable.

For what fault have you most toleration- Imperfections of most kinds.

Your favorite motto- Listen: there is something to learn from everyone and every situation.

No comments: